How to Help¶
Requests is under active development, and contributions are more than welcome!
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a bug. There is a Contributor Friendly tag for issues that should be ideal for people who are not very familiar with the codebase yet.
- Fork the repository on GitHub and start making your changes to a new branch.
- Write a test which shows that the bug was fixed.
- Send a pull request and bug the maintainer until it gets merged and published. :) Make sure to add yourself to AUTHORS.
As of v1.0.0, Requests has now entered a feature freeze. Requests for new features and Pull Requests implementing those features will not be accepted.
You'll need to install py.test in order to run the Requests' test suite:
$ pip install -r requirements.txt $ py.test platform darwin -- Python 2.7.3 -- pytest-2.3.4 collected 25 items test_requests.py ......................... 25 passed in 3.50 seconds
Requests currently supports the following versions of Python:
- Python 2.6
- Python 2.7
- Python 3.3
- Python 3.4
- Python 3.5
Google AppEngine is not officially supported although support is available with the Requests-Toolbelt.
Are you crazy?¶
- SPDY support would be awesome. No C extensions.
If you are repackaging Requests, please note that you must also redistribute the
cacerts.pem file in order to get correct SSL functionality.